Burton Albion face Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium this weekend, as they go head to head in League One.
Tom Pearce, Brewers Picks Predictor (@tompearce97)
This will be just the seventh meeting between the two sides, with the first coming in 2014, in which Burton came out 2-1 winners.
It’s been a very even fixture since the first time the teams played each other, with both sides winning twice and drawing twice.
It was Wigan who came out on top in the reverse fixture, as they won a seven goal thriller, 4-3.
How will tomorrow’s game play out, though?
Burton Albion Form
The Brewers failed to break Lincoln City down as they were beaten 1-0 at home on Tuesday night.
That was their first loss in six games, picking up 11 points from a possible 18. That means they find themselves in eighth in the form table.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s side have been fantastic on the road since the turn of the year and have won 10 of their last 12 away games, with the other two games ending as draws.
Wigan Athletic Form
Wigan all but guaranteed their safety in the week after beating Shrewsbury Town 2-1 away from home.
That was their fourth win on the bounce, meaning they have accumulated 12 points from six games. They now find themselves in fifth place in the form table.
They have also won two in a row at the DW Stadium, whilst losing just one of their last five home matches.
Your Picks For Brewers Picks – Wigan Athletic v Burton Albion
- Will Burton Albion beat Wigan Athletic? Yes (53%)
- Will Burton score in: 60-74 (25%)
- Will Kane Hemmings score? No (76%)
- How many shots on target will Burton have? 4+ (36%)
- Will Ryan Edwards assist a goal? No (89%)
- How many corners will Burton be awarded? 4+ (67%)
- How many tackles will Hayden Carter make? 1 (38%)
- How many saves will Burton goalkeepers make? 3 (35%)
- How many shots on target will Sean Clare have? 0 (61%)
- Will Lucas Akins score? No (92%)
- How many goals will Burton score? 1 (43%)
- How many goals will Burton concede? 1 (53%)
Disagree with the above picks?
Why not get playing Brewers Picks to be in with a chance of winning the £250 prize pool!
Entry is FREE!
Make your picks before the 3:00pm kick off.
You must be 18+ to play. T&C’s apply. Please play responsibly. Begambleaware.org.